Makes approximately 1 cup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Olive~Me & Co’s Roasted Garlic olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon
- 2 Tbs. warm water,only if using the garlic aioli as a sauce
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolk, mustard and 1 Tbs.of the roasted garlic olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Combine the remaining olive oil.
- Drop by drop, add 2 to 3 Tbs.of the oil to the egg yolk mixture while whisking constantly.
- Once the mixture has thickened, add the remaining oil in a very fine, steady stream, whisking constantly, until all of it has been incorporated.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. If using the aioli as a sauce; whisk in the warm water to lighten the aioli.