Makes approximately 3 cups of sauce
- 1 tsp of Olive~ Me & Co’s Applewood Smoked Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup of Olive~Me & Co’s Smoked Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar or Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup spicy mustard
- 2 Tbsp horseradish (can substitute horseradish mustard instead)
- Heat Olive Oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots & saute for 1 minute. Add Smoked Balsamic Vinegar & cook to reduce by half. Add ketchup, brown sugar & honey.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in mustard and horseradish.